Quantcast

On How to Enjoy the Airport This Holiday Travel Season

I'm ok with most air travel grievances, but I hate that I have to lug around my carry-on (which is usually pretty big as I never check) and I always have to use the bathroom like a million times and maneuver the carry-on in and out. (It has become easier since I have the Patagonia MLC backpack - best ever - but I just have to watch out not to drop pieces in the toilet. Also, still a schlep.) I wish I could pre-check it at the gate for them to hold until I get on the plane.

Also, more airports need wifi. Khartoum had wifi over two years ago. Heathrow just got it. Gatwick doesn't have. JFK & LGW don't. ATL doesn't. Khartoum, why are you the leader in this???

Posted on December 21, 2013 at 12:53 am 0

On The Best Time I Lost a Tampon and Found My Cervix

Can someone, anyone, please explain how you forget a tampon is in there. 90% of the time I am aware that I am wearing one, either because it's a super or because the string is being uncomfortable, and the other 10% I am not wearing one at all because I hear horror stories about people losing them and I get nervous. I AM 26 YEARS OLD. How can you just forget???

Posted on November 19, 2013 at 10:57 pm 1

On The Bathroom Whisperer: How to Really Clean a Toilet

Can someone ask Jolie how to clean the toilet brush? I'm sure it requires setting up a mile-wide sterile zone.

Posted on September 24, 2013 at 5:42 am 1

On The Bathroom Whisperer: How to Really Clean a Toilet

@Beaks How does that stuff even get there???

Posted on September 23, 2013 at 7:59 pm 0

On The Best Time My Sister and I Got Kicked Out of Rugged Sleepaway Camp

@frenz.lo I didn't bring a miniskirt to summer camp until I realized that I would be socially isolated if I didn't the next year. Turns out I was socially isolated anyway because I wore goggles in the shower and just didn't really give a hoot about dances.

Posted on August 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm 0

On An Ode to the Diva Cup

@fondue with cheddar OK, so no one has yet mentioned this. When I was a teenager, my friend super recommended this cup deal. I got one and was so pleased, but it JUST WOULDN'T GO IN. In retrospect, I think recommending friend was sexually active and I was not, because later in life I could get it in. HOWEVER, the suction was actually really painful, and also the stem was poking me even after I cut it shorter (I am really sensitive; even tampon strings bother me). It was recommended that I should wait until the vagina is bloody so it has some lubrication to go in, but my period is super irregular because of PCOS and I'll be all prepared to use it in the morning, but the flow is too light, and then suddenly I'm out shopping later and it'll become SUPER heavy and I don't have the opportunity to test out when I'm out in a public bathroom. (I have a similar problem with tampons...)
ARRGH SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE. I really want this to work so I can save the environment.

Posted on March 2, 2013 at 9:02 am 0

On Interview With a Virgin: Eliot

@adorable-eggplant Yes, but even so you get the but-you-have-a-car-do-I-really-have-to-take-the-bus-but-it'd-mean-so-much-to-me. I even told my then-boyfriend specifically to NOT pick me up (he'd have to take the bus to "pick me up" anyway) because I didn't want to get into that nonsense, and HE DID IT ANYWAY. It's a thing.

Posted on February 27, 2013 at 11:03 am 0

On The Most Portentous Moments in "Accidents in North American Mountaineering 2012"

When I did NOLS rock climbing in Wyoming, we read sections of this every night to "know the dangers". AKA to scare the crap out of us.

Posted on February 20, 2013 at 3:37 pm 0

On An Imaginary Conversation With My Potential Child When I Tell Her About Hanukkah

@bnna Exactly. Also, my parents were not born in America, thus they didn't even know they were supposed to give Hanukah presents. And when I went to Jewish school and all my friends got presents and I kvetched, they told me it had only been 2 months since my birthday, and I hadn't finished the books I got as presents yet.
But now that I'm in the big world I am really glad that I don't have to make a big deal about all this gifting and instead give to secular charities and spend they day in pajamas.

Posted on December 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm 5