On Which Name Is Weirder, Saxby Chambliss or Barkevious Mingo? The Answer May Tell You Whether or Not You're Racist

@yeah-elle I was just at the Kaiser pharmacy where they post everyone's last name on a monitor to tell you your prescription is ready and some poor souls last name was Tryon-Dicks. Cannot make this up.

Posted on September 20, 2013 at 4:53 pm 1

On The Stereotype Pie

Was it the Whole Foods that is kind of normalish or was it the Whole Foods that is like a bizarre temple to food worship and is two stories and has an olive bar that is larger than most peoples apartments? I feel like this is important to know, for ... pie related reasons.

Posted on September 19, 2013 at 3:51 pm 0

On The First Response Pie

LADIES!! Just go get the cheapest test immediately. Target has some generic cheap ones. I used to keep them waaaayyy in the back of the sink cupboard for occasional peace of mind. If you ARE pregnant that thing will light up like ding ding ding immediately, and then you can know instead of have brooding dread. If not you can toss and move on with life and just know your body is f-ing with you.

Posted on September 5, 2013 at 9:09 pm 1

On Beauty Q&A: Cheap Creams, Jeans, and Long Hair Dreams

@Where Pies Go When They Die I have been on a retin-a like product since I was basically 15 or so. Everytime I go off, zits. I am now almost 35 and I have noticed that compared to most of my peers, no lines, no wrinkles and also, never any zits ever. Seriously, keep on keeping on. It takes awhile but you'll catch a glance in a mirror and be like my skin looks amazing!! It just sucks that you just have to be so consistent and everyday about it. But really, its worth it!

Posted on January 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm 1

On Beauty Q&A: Cheap Creams, Jeans, and Long Hair Dreams

@werewolfbarmitzvah I see dividingday just commented along the lines of something I was going to say, when I didn't have insurance I got my fancy derm face creams from canadian pharmacies. So cheap. I use Tazorac and that stuff works. No wrinkles. My face is zit and wrinkle free. I am about to turn 35. As far as it drying me out, yes, my face is the Sahara. I use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the tube, so no contamination etc. But its gotta be the cream. Also, like most older white ladies, I recently got a humidifier. But seriously. Go to the dermatologist!! Mine charges like less than a hundo! Also if you are like I don't have insurance mine gives me a ton of free samples and sometimes those samples can last months.

Posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:55 pm 0

On Three Vanity Plates I Saw Yesterday

Oh Jane, I love doing this too! My most treasured cell phone pic of vanity license plates is one from a silver Saturn that said "HAIL NO"

Posted on July 9, 2012 at 3:31 pm 5

On It's a Dry Heat

These articles are always so confusing to me. I'm a third generation Angeleno so my family is all here and 90% of my friends are from here. None of us thinks where we live is a joke or have such ummm status anxiety I guess. All this OMGLARIGHT is so overhyped and more about the person that usually when a person starts going on about it at a party I edge away. Not every place is for every person Cord, kick back and enjoy where you are.

Posted on July 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm 4

On Coworking From Afar

This post, so relevant to my interests! I work from home with just one other coworker (my boss) so we Skype, chat etc. I did wish I had someone to giggle with on chat but instead I just go bug my husband who also works from home. But all this technology cracks me up, I can't quite believe this is what I do for a living. However! I do wish Skype was kinder to pale people. If I am sitting in front of the window with light coming in - full on Caspar effect.

Posted on May 15, 2012 at 1:55 pm 0

On Edith Wharton's Lost Book Deal

HAAAAAAAA!!!!!! This is the best!!! Especially as most bios of ol' Edith mention her frosty exchanges with her publishers through the post. Top notch Nicole!

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm 1

On Beauty Disasters: How to Cover Up Almost Anything

Visine on a zit!! It really is the best. Also when I pluck my own brows I smooth it on the angry red skin that comes from that.

Posted on April 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm 0