On An Original Break-Up Song

I feel you.

Posted on September 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm 1

This is late, but I can't get something out of my head and I would like to just put it here to purge it from my thoughts. Sorry for the novel.

I got offered a job that will put me on a faster track to promotion a few weeks ago which is AWESOME! This job will be really great and exciting and I was super happy to get it. It’s not something that I have a lot of experience with, but with proper guidance, I usually excel in those situations. I will have a new boss, and while my current job is ok, I’m bored and excited for the new position. The decision to offer me the position was made by my bosses' boss without my new manager’s input. At some point, after the director and Current Boss* told New Boss* that someone from my team was coming over, Current Boss and New Boss were talking and New Boss said something like “Oh, Coworker* would be really good.” And Current Boss said “Hey, wait a minute. You don’t get to choose who you get, and CinnamonSwirls is really good and you will enjoy working with her.” And New Boss was like “Oh, right, it’s CinnamonSwirls, I forgot.”

I have a sort of self-inflicted rivalry going on with Coworker. She’s very nice, but I have more experience than she does and she’s in a slightly more senior position (not unheard of, I know). Basically, I’m jealous. I wouldn’t care if she were as good at her job as everyone seems to think, but she isn’t. I’m currently at the lowest level on my team (due to moving and changing jobs too much) and Current Boss tends to make all these random remarks like “Oh, that task isn’t that important, that’s what our level 9 does.” I’m the level 9. It’s basically a huge brush off about the importance of my job… which isn’t even true. I do so much work that is both necessary and valuable. I never really cared that I was the low totem pole until he started making these remarks and it’s really cut into my confidence for doing my job.

The only reason that I know that New Boss said all this is because Current Boss has a habit of not really thinking when he says things. He told me this because he wanted me to know what he said about me (being good at my job and stuff), but I don’t think he even thought of the effect that New Boss’s words would have on me. And I’m currently struggling. I don’t know New Boss that well and I’m worried that I will let the knowledge of this affect how well we work together. I’m also nervous that this will mean that her expectations will be low and she won’t make it so that I can be promoted faster or that she won’t give me as much support as I need while I make the transition, basically setting me up to fail.

*I’m terrible at coming up with fake names.

Posted on September 8, 2013 at 8:19 am 0

@garli I just go to Marshall's/TJ Maxx/(Nordstrom Rack or Filene's if I had them) and buy them there. Unless it's some major supportive structure for my boobs, I don't spend a lot of money on something that is going to spend most of its time soaked in my sweat.

Posted on August 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm 0

On Let's Revisit All of Now That's What I Call Music! Vol. 1

@lookuplookup YES! about the recommendation thing. I sent my friend a screen shot when they recommended Jewel's Foolish Games. :(

Posted on August 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm 1

On Thank You So Much For Being With Me Tonight to Celebrate My Twenty-Five-And-Twelve-Month Birthday

Yeah, at 25 and 34 months, I've come to the realization that my quarter-life crisis didn't really end. It's just my life.

Posted on July 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm 8

On Other Rolling Stone Covers

@stuffisthings Or baby hitler

Though someone already said it in those comments I see...

Posted on July 18, 2013 at 1:54 pm 1

On "Why Is The Cherry On Top?" Answering All the Questions from Mary Kate & Ashley's Theme Song

@all

If anyone is an Amazon Prime member and cares to get nostalgic, Passport to Paris and other MK&A movies are free to watch. (Suggested to me because I am watching an Ashley Tisdale movie... it seems that I am still intellectually 13 years old)

Posted on June 16, 2013 at 11:43 am 0

So, idk if anyone else knows about this but diatomaceous earth is a godsend for house centipedes (and basically any other exoskeleton). Food-grade is ok to use with pets around.

Posted on June 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm 0

@chrysopoeia I read that as Alan Rickman and I was like "NOOOOO!!!!"

Posted on June 14, 2013 at 3:51 pm 12

On You Are Entitled to One Hour, Six Minutes, and 48 Seconds of Comfort

@distrighema I will say that the number of women that I see wearing shoes that do not fit properly is ridiculously high. There is always so much room at the back of the ankle. I remember for some reason in college, I thought that I wore an 8 and so I only got 8s regardless of how they actually fit. I started actually trying on multiple sizes of the same shoe and realized that I can be anywhere from 7 to 8.5 depending on the shoe. Once I did that, my shoes became so much more comfortable and I was able to walk fairly normally in most heels.

Posted on June 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm 2