LornaLoo

LornaLoo

...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

On Friday Bargain Bin: Screw It

@hulia I use this exact guy... Eco Tools Slanty Brush Guy. But, a smudgy one could be fun as well.

Posted on September 21, 2012 at 3:18 pm 0

On Friday Bargain Bin: Screw It

@BornSecular No way. That's a fantastic deal.

Posted on September 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm 0

On Friday Bargain Bin: Screw It

Pro Tip: Stila eyeshadows are AWESOME wet, and will behave like an eyeliner if applied appropriately. So, if you think some of the colors here might be weird on your whole lid, think about how they might look as a liner. You'll be happy, I promise.

Posted on September 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm 1

On They Forgot About Breakup Songs

@vanillawaif Thanks! I've let everyone close to me know that, in case I die suddenly. Now you're all witnesses!

And Sunuvabiatch! They don't have my love song either! (May It Always Be by Bonnie Prince Billy)
I didn't think I was THAT esoteric.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 5:22 pm 0

On They Forgot About Breakup Songs

@Das Rad RIDE LIKE THE WIND. But forreals, it should say it's by Michael McDonald, because those background vocals completely steal Christopher Cross' show.

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm 0

On They Forgot About Breakup Songs

@vanillawaif They didn't even have my funeral song, so I ditched the entire endeavor. Now I'll never know how unique or predictable it is. :(

For reference, it's the ending theme to Saturday Night Live...

Posted on August 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm 0

On Something Happened on Mars

Parker Posey's Reaction:
One Chicken Wing.

Posted on August 6, 2012 at 11:24 am 1

@whateverlolawants I stand in solidarity with you, sistrah. I wrote responses to comments in my head and couldn't get the fingers to type them.

Posted on August 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm 5

YOU GUYS! Everything is coming up LornaLoo these days! I've started my own gif tumblr about bike commuting (http://doyoulikemylane.tumblr.com/) that now has THREE followers (magic!). AND I've been asked to cover the Beer Beat for the Chicagoist and my first article went out today! (Chicagoist Article).

Thank you to the ladies who gave me great advice to follow my lady beer nerd dreams! The beer writing gig is part in parcel of a greater action which will begin in September where I'll be tending bar and brewing at my favorite bar. I'm super excited, and I owe you ladies big time. If you wanna come see me, and you live in Chicago, i'll tell you where to find me (come mid-september, that is).

Also, if you're a fellow lady beer nerd in Chicago, I'm starting a chapter of Barley's Angels. We're holding a meeting in September, details tbd, but send me your info and I'll sign you up for our event mailing list!

Posted on August 3, 2012 at 3:11 pm 0

On A Brief History of The Loud Motorcycle Man

@RobotsNeedLove At least when they are loud I can hear them coming up behind me while they ride mile after mile in the bike lane. So that's a bonus, I suppose.

Posted on July 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm 0