UGH, I can't even get my husband to move to MINNESOTA, how can I convince him we need to be here?! He says he doesn't want to do it because he saw some movie where they drilled into the ice and it was full of ghosts and I was like, "We live in NYC, someone probably died in our bedroom, everything is haunted!"
Dumb question: did you get the carpenter job thru the U.S. Antarctic Program or was it another program? Is there basic positions for other staff like teachers, nurses, programmers, etc?
Fuck, I'm totally just going to apply for him. He'll get used to the ghosts.
Oh god, I can't be the only 'Pinner who dreams about dropping everything for 6 months or so and working in the South Pole! Somehow my complete hatred for 'roughing it' and the outdoors doesn't phase me!
@MoxyCrimeFighter I feel like if they're on the underlayers you won't need to keep up with them as much. The roots will be obscured by the top layer of hair, right? (Note: I have no idea what I'm talking about.)
@MmeLibrarian - I was chatting with my mom last night, and she told me they had the hardest time getting me to crawl because I kept rolling over onto my back and trying to inch myself along with my head, somehow?
I... think I turned out ok?
@falconet I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but it does require a bit of effort.
1. Put a toddler on your back, piggy back style.
2. Call out, "Where is [toddler]?'
3. When the toddler answers, spin around. Shout out, in disbelief, 'BUT THERE'S NO ONE THERE!"
4. When toddler calls, 'I'm behind you! Turn around!' spin around again.
5. Continue to spin around, acting increasingly distraught, until toddler dies of hilarity and/or crawls across your body in front of your face to let you know where they are.
6. Hug toddler, pretend you have missed them, say, 'Don't EVER do that again, I missed you so much!'
@SarahP Everyone's rolling their eyes at Georgina. What the what, lady. You don't have to manic pixie everything and your turkey is just an edible scrap heap.
By nonvolleyball on Recipes
I like that Michael attributes his knowledge of his wife's matzah-ball recipe to hearsay.
@SarahP I heard you like hair, so I got you some more hair, to put in your hair.
@yeah-elle IS your girlfriend dead in your bed private? It seems like other people have a reasonable need-to-know on that one, dude.
Applebottom jeans,* them boots with the fur...**
*fiberglass butt weight