On The Gratitude Pie

100% gratitude for the level of relatability I feel to this pie.

Posted on November 27, 2013 at 4:30 pm 2

On Half of Accidental Child Gun Deaths Go Uncounted

@commanderbanana
Ya I came down here just to scream "THREE?!?!?!"
WTF I can't even.

Although I suppose it shouldn't surprise me so much. In the small rural Appalachian town where I grew up, a kid in my brother's class had starting dipping Skoal tobacco when he was 3, when his dad started putting in his lip. People make tragically bad decisions I guess. :(

Posted on September 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm 0

On The First Response Pie

@Bebe Oh shit. Last year I splurged and replaced all the granny panties and anything with a stain or tear. And I haven't gotten laid since feb of 2012. I did this to myself didn't I? Or did I, because I am the laziest leg shaver there ever was.

Posted on September 8, 2013 at 8:22 pm 1

On The First Response Pie

@iceberg Please tell me if this is too personal a question , but do you use no BC now, after you conceived the Bits? I've had a couple friends who conceived with IVF and then later conceived unexpectedly because they thought they were infertile.

One of those friends conceived when her twins were 3 months old. Seriously. Cannot imagine what you think at that point besides WTF, body?!

Posted on September 8, 2013 at 8:17 pm 0

On Micro-Quiz

-cked today because work was HARD this week and I left at 8:30 with a giant headache on this lovely summer night.

-n tomorrow because first I go to a cowboy themed birthday party and then I go to a gallery opening and its after party, which is roller skating!

Posted on September 6, 2013 at 11:36 pm 0

On I Do Care. I Don’t Love It.

@JessicaLovejoy Personal problem.

Posted on September 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm 1

On Sharing Different Heartbeats: Annie, The Knife, Robyn, Jose Gonzalez, A-Trak + Kanye, Grizzly Bear, Girls Aloud

Nononono Nooooooo. Not the Knife/Kanye mashup. Each song has its own significance for me and listening to that made my emotions feel confused. My brain received error messages the whole time: Could Not Compute! Could Not Compuuuuute!

Posted on August 29, 2013 at 1:18 pm 0

On I Don't Care, I Can't Stop, and I Love It: Miley Cyrus and Ironic Decadence

@katiemcgillicuddy
Ha. My cat was named Harajuku by her original human and the shelter said was "African for love".
I had to quickly point out that:
1) African is not a language.
2) Harajuku was a Gwen Stefani schtick.
3) Kitty's getting a new name.

*ETA that the Harajuku Girls are also a fascinating Japanese fashion movement and worthy of losing HOURS to on the internets and then maybe purchasing fake eyelashes on a K Pop star's website that will make you look like an animae character when applied properly. I'd frankly have adopted them too if I were Gwen....

Posted on August 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm 5

On I Don't Care, I Can't Stop, and I Love It: Miley Cyrus and Ironic Decadence

@JessicaLovejoy {the Icona Pop song, go listen!}

Posted on August 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm 1

On Saying Sorry Is a Pretty-Girl Trick

@Miss Maszkerádi

I'm not trying to oversimplify or confuse the issue here, but experimentation with mind altering substances can he done responsibly. There can be spiritual benefits to altering one's conscious state. There is also a very unfortunate and sad drug culture that ignores any part of this and is every bit as disgusting as you describe. The effects of crystal meth on my rural hometown have been devastating, though more devastating has been the number of people from my hometown who have OD'd on Rx painkillers. I believe it is a societal illness that people need an "out" to whatever they perceive as pain in their lives and turn to drugs to solve it. But not everyone experimenting is on such an extreme path.

I just really wish that some of you would acknowledge that it's a complex issue, not black and white, and not all experimentation equals "terrible life choices that maybe SHOULD be shamed."
Some may, some may not.

I defend this so strongly bc there's a weirdo holier than thou vibe in most of comment thread for this article and it's icky as all get out considering how Fair and Righteous and Respectful the commentariat seems to have become around here.

Bluh. I'll just see myself out now thanks

Posted on August 20, 2013 at 7:39 pm 6