On Writer's Block Soup

I just finished making this and am struggling not to burn my mouth on it! I used only 2 quarts of vegetable broth, but that's because I used about twice as much tomato sauce/juice from diced tomatoes/actual almost-burst cherry tomatoes instead. It is really immensely satisfying. Thanks again, Natalie!

Posted on October 22, 2013 at 7:44 pm 2

On Advice For Writing; Or, What I Know So Far, Which Might Actually Be Nothing At All

Aaaaaaa i am a blocked writer right now and this is super helping/hurting, can we portmanteau those words or is portmanteauing over?

Posted on September 16, 2013 at 6:52 pm 0

On The Bro Pie

@supernintendochalmers Me too, because that was ME last night, except not hungover, just kinda drunk.

Posted on September 12, 2013 at 9:35 pm 0

On How to Mount a TV When You Have No Boyfriend, No Prospects, and Lack the Shamelessness Required to Ask for Help

1. I wish to live in a place where any purchases at Target, even biggish ones, cover "half a month's rent" because SF rent prices are making me cry and 2. I noticed lots of copy errors! 'Pin, do you need a copy editor? Because I can Be That Person.

Posted on September 12, 2013 at 2:25 pm 4

On Mark Twain at 16: No Comment

He looks more mature than most of the twentysomething dudes I have dated, some of whom could not yet even grow real beards. What is this sorcery!

Posted on September 12, 2013 at 1:21 pm 0

On Your Breakfast Has Been Lying to You

@cuminafterall I, too, attempt to structure my meal plan as hobbits do.

Posted on September 10, 2013 at 1:50 pm 17

On Your Breakfast Has Been Lying to You

@moreadventurous My problem is, maybe since I am vegetarian, even if I eat a super proteiny breakfast--egg or tofu scramble with loads of veggies, say--without toast or something I just get hungry as fuck again in two hours. At least with toast the hunger gap takes around three/three and a half, which is more normal for me.

Posted on September 10, 2013 at 1:49 pm 0

On Your Breakfast Has Been Lying to You

Whatever, I know that if I personally skip breakfast, I basically turn into a frothed-at-the-mouth, buggy-eyed, hollow-stomached wraith of terror, so I think Imma stick with it.

Posted on September 10, 2013 at 1:33 pm 10

On Are You Part of the 16% of People Who Can't Look at This Without Screaming?

I have this SO STRONGLY I got freaked out even THINKING about what was under the jump (i clicked straight through the comments). It was such a relief to meet people who shared this, my mother and childhood friends did not understand at all. Lotusboob, as others have said, was probably where it all started, when I saw it way too young.

Posted on September 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm 1