You need a pie-in-pie chart for the Burning Section piece.
@hallelujah I am so afraid to go into a Chico's for this very reason.
@hallelujah I know, isn't it hard enough anyway without being purposefully programmed to think that way? I feel really bad for that little girl.
This part killed me so hard:
'At one point, early on, you tell Bea, “I know doing this is annoying,” and she says: “That’s my life. It’s always going to be my life.”'
That makes me so sad because I'm 34 and it has to be my life too and I resent it greatly. That is not a light thing for a little kid to say and that's just so terrible and sad beyond any description that my brain will give me right now. That's an old ass thing for a little baby to say. Jesus fucking Christ.
LW1: I'm sort of in the same situation, but backwards: he's more affectionate than I am. It's just been so hard. There's no easy answer. I've really had to work on being more affectionate, like remembering to be more hand-holdy and huggy and whatnot, but it makes him feel bad that I have to try to remember these things. If he can work on it that's one thing but you need to find out for yourself if it really is a deal breaker because you can't count on things to change really. It's some shit, it really is.
1) Has been super work busy which was unexpected which sort of blows but being productive feels good = +1
2) Plumbers have been traipsing in and out of my house all week and jackhammering up the floor. It's super stressful and I can't leave and my husband isn't doing shit to help out = -4
3) Plumber was supposed to be here at noon today to finish up, it is now 5 and he's not here = -1
4) Said plumbing work is free so we're saving like almost $5000 = +10
5) I'm scheduling a weekend by myself in this secluded cabin thing in the woods = +1
6) I think I might have this (avoid image searches, folks): http://women.webmd.com/tc/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview = -5
7) I got a gyno appointment for 8am Monday without them fucking with me about that = +1
8) I hate my gyno = -1
So I'm still in the positives :)
I want to be the kind of person who could wear that scarf.
Is it ok to just go to the dermatologist for vanity reasons and to straight up ask for a retin-A prescription? Like... I feel like they will be offended for being treated like a prescription factory. Maybe because I have a history of going to asshole doctors. But is that cool to do that?
#3 - it sounds like there's something else behind this than just standard sexism. That's definitely also a part of it though. But he wouldn't keep bringing it up over and over if there wasn't some other thought behind it. Maybe he's sad b/c of no grandkids? I don't know. I think it's worth it to bring it up at an opportune moment, like when he has just said it. Just ask a question and see if you can get at him not from the standpoint of WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HATEFUL WHY CAN'T YOU RESPECT ME AS A HUMAN (which is a legitimate standpoint) but instead asking out of curiosity. Wow I think that's like the 10th time I have heard that, what's up with that? or Were you hoping to have grandkids by now? I don't know him or your relationship but if it bothers you that much I think it's worth asking about, by you or your bf because he's not off the hook for this. It's your problem, ergo it is his problem too.
@LolaMoco My parents divorced when I was 4 and it was the best thing that could have happened seriously. They were so mismatched for each other that I shudder to think of what would have happened had they stayed together.