On Weekend Roundup

@Rookie (not the magazine) (not that there's anything wrong with that)
Hey, I always read your lists even if I don't reply.
Good things: my cousin came to town and we just had lunch and she met my boyfriend. I went out with friends twice this week and bindge- watched Call the Midwife.

Jia, Emma, the past few weeks have been really good Hairpin weeks. I just wanted to say that too :)

Posted on July 25, 2014 at 5:59 pm 0

On In Sickness and in Health, But Mostly in Sickness

wow, "What We Have Going for Us" is one of my favorite pieces on The Hairpin ever, and I just read that it was yours too. This was also really good and beautiful and hard. Thanks for sharing-

Posted on July 25, 2014 at 5:55 pm 0

On Commodity Fetish: This Is Not Really What a Feminist Looks Like

so happy to see arabelle's byline! OK, now I'll go read it.

Posted on July 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm 1

On Preexisting Conditions

Hairpin, you're killing it these days! This was wonderful.

Posted on July 2, 2014 at 6:28 pm 2

On La Malinche, La Llorona, La Virgen: My Mother's Ghost Stories

@Mariajoseh thank you for writing this! I found it very interesting because some aspects of your experience are so different from mine, even if I'm Mexican and was raised catholic, but "la madre, la virgen, y la puta"? Oh, yes. Every Mexican woman has to deal with that.

Posted on June 30, 2014 at 6:43 pm 3

On La Malinche, La Llorona, La Virgen: My Mother's Ghost Stories

@up cubed I'm Mexican and very white, I've been called güerita all my life. I just had never heard o read the term weta with a "t", but maybe it's more a chicano thing.

Posted on June 30, 2014 at 6:26 pm 0

On La Malinche, La Llorona, La Virgen: My Mother's Ghost Stories

This was great, The Hairpin's really good today!

But pleaseee, the typo in the title me está matando. Should be "Malinche" and, as someone said on Facebook, I think it should be "wera" and not "weta".

Posted on June 30, 2014 at 5:39 pm 1

On You Are, Was, and Always Will Be Pussy Control

YES. THIS. THE END.

Posted on June 18, 2014 at 2:00 pm 0

On You Belong To Me

I needed this too. So great and so well written and so true. Thank you.

Posted on June 12, 2014 at 2:11 pm 0

On The Best Time I Took a Rescue Cat to a Pet Psychic

This was so funny, now I miss my cat AND I want to take her to a psychic

Posted on May 7, 2014 at 6:56 pm 0