On Scenes from My Dentist's Life Right Before My Appointment

Ha, perfect!

Posted on September 26, 2014 at 12:27 pm 0

On A Japanese Astronaut Says Goodbye to His Robot Space Companion

@I AM DIAPHENA To be fair, sometimes the accent happens because they're using an interpreter whose native language is the non-English part of the pair. But only sometimes.

Posted on May 14, 2014 at 1:05 pm 0

On The Last Sunday of the Year

Esther! It's great to see work from you again. And this particular comic is really relevant to things I've been thinking about lately, as someone who is in theory a writer but has been writing less and less (and is having a baby, which I'm told is time-consuming). So thanks, and do keep creating things, even if they take you a long time.

Posted on February 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm 0

On Teenage Girls, as Imagined By an 8-Year-Old in 1991

These are awesome! I'm going to take up collecting green striped things.

In sixth grade, one of my friends got in trouble for drawing pictures of all of our future lives. The weird thing is that most of the pictures depicted us not as glamorous teenagers like Jennifar Ann, but as grown women with large, happy families and fulfilling careers. The teacher confiscated my picture, which showed me as heavily pregnant and hosting a friendly Spanish exchange student with the rest of my brood, and scolded us both for having dirty minds.

Posted on December 19, 2013 at 12:38 pm 6

On Internet Work and Invisible Labor: An Interview With NPR's Linda Holmes

@rallisaurus Ahhh, so jealous! Have fun tonight!

Posted on December 10, 2013 at 12:45 pm 0

On When Friends Have Babies

@MmeLibrarian Thank you for this. I know exactly where this author is coming from -- having been weird and awkward around both my sisters and a number of friends when they had their first kids, and now being pregnant with a long-awaited, much-wanted baby whose advent nonetheless is utterly terrifying. (What if I don't want to turn into somebody else? What if I turn into somebody awful and I don't even realize it? Have I basically signed an affidavit swearing that I will never finish writing a novel?)

Posted on October 23, 2013 at 1:44 pm 1

On What to Expect When You’re Expecting a Sea Monster

YES. Yes. Yes.

Posted on October 3, 2013 at 9:42 am 1

On The First Response Pie

@lemonadefish Bodies are the worst. The worst.

Posted on September 5, 2013 at 4:52 pm 2

On The First Response Pie

@MrsTeacherFace Same here. PMS for me = sore boobs and mild sadness, followed by one day of Ultimate Despair. Pregnancy for me = sore boobs and mild sadness, followed by "Hey, I didn't cry or pick a savage, baseless fight or think about throwing myself into the river even once yesterday. Should I take a test?" (Followed by miscarriage, so I'm right there with you, lemonadefish. Courage!)

Posted on September 5, 2013 at 4:14 pm 2

On Lord I Lift Your Camp On High

@franceschances I went to VBS at this super-strict Baptist church that called it VBT, for Vacation Bible Time. Only boys were allowed to sit cross-legged, or "like Indians." Girls had to sit "like princesses," with our legs tucked to the side.

Posted on August 1, 2013 at 6:53 pm 0