Being 16 and reading High Fidelity!
I'm not sure what it says about me as a 16 year old girl that I felt like Nick Hornby wrote that book for me, probably nothing good, but I'll never forget finishing it in one sitting.
I too love to smell like a dusty old stack of rugs and and have a ridiculously large collection of perfumes because saving money is for suckers. My favorite woody, incense-y, amber-y smoky scents are:
1) Prada - gotta like amber!
2) 10 Corso Como - sandalwood!
3) Donna Karan Chaos - kinda expensive, but the bottle is big and chic and you could bludgeon someone with it if it came down to that.
4) Estee lauder Sensuous - this is probably the most afforable of the bunch AND a great scent. makes you smell like a bundle of sticks doused in vanilla extract. In a good way!
5) Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain - this is holy grail shit. It is smoky/smolder-y and just so wonderful. It's EdP only and really expensive ($125, I think?), but the bottle will last forever and does that emanating-from-my-flesh thing that you're looking for.
@rocknrollunicorn Yes! The only thing better than loving your own tattoos is being on an interminable date with nothing to talk about UNTIL you find out they have some too. Instant conversational lifesaver.
Please wait, sisterfriend.
I just paid 300 bucks to get the tattoo I got when I was 18 covered up (by a lovelier, radder one). Not that it was horrible, but it was blah and fading and could have been so nice had I had the time/money/brainpower to dedicate to it. Point is, educate yourself first, save money second, get the tatt third.
I have zero connection to this website whatsoever, but having read all 160+ pages of this dude/lady's critiques, I feel like I'm way better equipped to tell between good and bad tattoo ideas. Run, don't walk: http://dermagraphique.tumblr.com
Every dude I date is just another reminder of how deeply Paul Rudd's role as Josh in Clueless shaped my taste in men.
Ahhh, I'm going to see Big Freedia (the queen diva, doi) in a month and I can't wait! This last week has been nothing but grabbing on to my kitchen counter and practicing to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA
@Jaya Perfect. I can keep one at home for my mugs of wine and take one out on the town.
@Maria Girl, I PayPal-ed that shit. Don't even have to make the 5 foot journey to my purse.
Jaya! I seriously just went from this article and purchased name straws for me and my roommate. And a back-up of each so we never have to live without them. Oh my goodness!
@Faintly Macabre "A man and his son were in a car accident. The man died on the way to the hospital, but the boy was rushed into surgery. The surgeon said “I can't operate, for that's my son!” How is this possible?"