On Why I Have To Be So "Rude"

"Here is the lead singer. When he first appeared on screen I almost started crying because I was still stoned and I thought he was a weimaraner wearing a wig"

I almost cried at this and I'm not even stoned.

Posted on July 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm 0

On In Praise of Broads

@TrishB: I should read ahead before commenting, but consider it seconded!

Posted on July 20, 2014 at 1:10 pm 0

On In Praise of Broads

@and it's not even my birthday: And her buddy Molly Ivins too, while we're at it.

Posted on July 20, 2014 at 1:09 pm 0

On If You Liked It Then You Shoulda Put a Chain On It

Not a single Unseen University reference in the comments? Hairpin, I am disappoint.

Posted on May 10, 2014 at 12:29 am 0

On A Curated Selection of Wonderfully Gruesome Sentences from Wikipedia

One of the proper names mentioned on this list would have been my married name if I'd taken my spouse's surname. I learned about her just in time (she's famous in her own country but not in mine) and avoided a very creepy fate.

Posted on April 22, 2014 at 2:32 pm 0

On A Curated Selection of Wonderfully Gruesome Sentences from Wikipedia

@or Elsa! Yes! This is super useful. I learned this while doing transcription for an ophthalmological journal *shudder*.

Posted on April 22, 2014 at 2:31 pm 0

On 917 People Who Are Hotter Than Benedict Cumberbatch

Disappointed that #14 does not link to giant ants.

Posted on December 6, 2013 at 11:46 pm 2

On Will the Space Flight Affect Your Reproductive Organs?

@KeLynn Mary Roach is great. Her newest, "Gulp," is about the digestive system and it's really interesting, though not for the faint of heart.

Posted on June 18, 2013 at 6:51 pm 0

On Will the Space Flight Affect Your Reproductive Organs?

I'm so relieved that we're past that sort of thing these d... oh. Wait. Right.

Posted on June 18, 2013 at 10:21 am 8

On "What's the Worst Thing That's Woken You Up in the Dead of Night?"

@olivebee My cat is squeamish about bugs while also being very interested in them. So when we get water bugs (construction next door, alas), he flips them over with one carefully extended paw and then chirps for me to come and dispose of it. It's a system.

Posted on June 12, 2013 at 5:57 pm 2