On Interview With a Virgin: Eliot

@frigwiggin This is my main reason for considering internet dating. Because I want to meet someone so that that someone will be obligated to always pick me up at the airport.

Posted on February 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm 14

On Interview With a Virgin: Scarlet

@sunflowernut This happened to me too. Weird shit.

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 7:51 pm 0

On Boyfriends' Mothers, "Compassion," and Les Misérables

@Scary Wollstonecraft
Me too! Living in a new city. Would be maximally useful advice.

Posted on January 27, 2013 at 1:25 pm 0

On A Conversation About Books and Money

@frenz.lo Me too... Can my new year's resolution be to click more ads on the websites I love?

Posted on January 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm 0

On ‘Oh, Madeleine L’Engle!’

@queenofbithynia Yes! You should read it! As a kid I remember trying to read it several times and getting bored, then finally something click and I actually did read it. Several times. Lately I have been having a craving to re-read everything that Madeleine L'engle ever wrote.

Posted on December 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm 0

On Stay-at-Home Dads and the Confrontation-Averse

Whoa #3. She is asking for a way to improve their communication. You might think, reading this letter, that she is coming on too strong in the "I'm a great communicator and heeee's not" sense, but still, even if you did read it that way - suggesting that she wants him to argue just so that she can get her own way? Not helpful... Why not provide advice on communicating effectively? She's looking for ways to get past passive-aggressive behaviour, and you could provide some suggestions on how to do that in terms of her own communication. Build on the "If you are more expressive, I will be less argumentative," line, with less of the rude dismissive you-suck-woman advice.

(Also, how many of us have at one point or another either been the passive-aggressive non-communicative one or dealt with a passive-aggressive partner? Like everyone? I could always use more internet advice on that.)

Posted on October 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm 18

On Hair and Morality

Well ... that was weird and hilarious.

Slightly more reminiscent of this (http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/theampersand/archive/tags/Extremely+Bad+Advice/default.aspx) than normal hairpin advice.

Posted on October 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm 3

On The League of Ordinary Ladies: A Summer Reflection

@Bittersweet No.

NONONONONONONONONONO.

Posted on September 4, 2012 at 9:13 pm 0

On Run Anyway

I really appreciate that you wrote this and, more than ever, I really appreciate the sophisticated and eloquent comments of everyone else.

Posted on August 16, 2012 at 10:25 am 5

On The Comment Section for Every Article Ever Written About Artificial Sweeteners

@Pop Pop hahahaha! That's incredible. I would also ignore the instructions. My coworkers use saccharin (?) which (at least here...) comes in a bottle that you click to dispense tiny little pellets. The coffees in Spain are also tiny, but I think it's a similar idea.

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm 0