Yes, I'm not quite sure why drinking energy drinks is an act of rebellion... Does energy "push the envelope"?
I hate the phrase "push the envelope". And Ann Shoket.
@The Everpresent Wordsnatcher John Krasinski as Bob!! Has anyone seen "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men"? Am I the only one who hates John Krasinski since seeing it?
@hannahdoll001 Agreed! What about when Mary told the driver that her father would "hit the roof"? I thought that phrase seemed out of place...
@Elaine Tary@facebook Hurray!! Finally, the internet has invented a place to meet charming and sexy girls and handsome men! I can't wait to start my free scamming!
I think the writer of that list doesn't "get" a lot of things. The Native American Tribal Dress, yes (I've never seen that as a thing, but I live in the midwest so...), but triangles, suspenders, bows and flip-flops? They're all cool. I can even get behind Uggs for the warmth/comfort. Also, in the newsboy hat picture, where the "illustration is enough"....a hot dude in a hat next to a picture of the Newsies cast spells AWESOME to me. (But I'm still from the Midwest...)
@Alice Prin nope, disagree about the high-waisted pants. (Although that picture of J.Simp you posted is heinous and I can see how it would put you off.) But I love them to go over my lower belly, as anyone older than 15 or larger than a twig may not be able to pull off the low rise thing without a little muffin top. I do high-waisted skirts more actually, love to define a waist.
Damn, I thought this was a legit Hairpin job opening and got really excited...
@redheadedandcrazy I KNOW!!! I always feel so guilty when I watch terrible movies with my friends. They aren't critical feminists, so when I just talk over every movie, I just sound like a b-word!
I didn't read all these comments because I was too disappointed to see that no one shares my opinion on the Kiera Knightley three-way. I am of the opinion that there is NOTHING redeeming about it. My reasons are as follows:
1) Personally, I dislike KK so the idea that two men are in love with her is...puzzling. I mean, I get it, she's pretty, but pretty lame. And a terrible actress. Who tried to ruin Elizabeth Bennet for me. (Although to be fair, a two-hour format ruined the story the most. P&P involves waaay too much character development to not make Lizzie look crazy in two hours.)
2) The first time I saw this was with my ex-bf (mostly a douche). While I was/am of the opinion that Mark should have gotten over his "love" (which was really just an infatuation, because can love really exist without reciprocation? Not for long, I think), my ex thought that he had to unburden himself and tell her. But I think that by doing that, he put the burden on her because what can she do about it now?
3) She shouldn't have kissed him!! She's a newlywed! Even if it was a pity-kiss.
4) After she kisses him, he says something like "Enough for now" as if he's going to make a play for her at a later date.
5) Why is Mark's love portrayed as preferable to KK's husband? Just because it's forbidden? No. Hate.
6) What the hell kind of videographer makes a video blue? Is that even possible nowadays? Does this wedding take place in the past?
7) Even if he does have a crush on the bride, isn't that video voyeuristic? Bordering on the creepy?
Also hate the Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman/gross bitch story. Although that one is realistic and well developed. Actually I just hate that other lady. Why is she so gross?? Like that scene where she spreads her legs AT THE OFFICE? Doesn't she know her boss is Severus Snape??
Watch George Clooney's ear lobes shrink and elongate....shrink and elongate. It's just like that Cabbage Patch doll I used to have, where you "cut" her braids with fake scissors and then you can pull them long again.