I love writing but I'm bad at writing about me.
Is now a good time to admit that I have THE WEIRDEST dreams if I eat right before bed? I mean, I guess that means that I sleep, but seriously. The weirdest.
I liked this year's photos! Overall (with some exceptions) they were a lot more serious, in a good way, like they celebrate athletes' bodies as beautiful because of what they can do, not just because of the tee-hee-it's-a-naked-person factor. I just find it awesome to see what these people can do with their bodies, and I like it when the photographs celebrate that.
@eizverson22 Maybe it'll go out of style. Like, after women and girls worldwide are granted the same rights as men and boys, and the world is a safer, more just place for everyone.
@ShirleyFunke tell us everything! Guy sounds creepy.
Loved this! I'm Italian, and I see some parallels with Chicano culture, though I really need to learn more about Mexican culture to know more about how exactly I relate to it. The virgin/whore dichotomy is, as with most cultures, right up there, though.
@Ev I had the same reaction! In this context, it actually makes sense, though: the idea of Mary's purity being associated with the fact that she was born without sin.
In almost every other non-religious context I've read the term, though... I just shake my head. Teresa is the only person I've seen who's come close to getting it right!
Okay, let's liven this up with some actual human commenters, the way things should be!
I was away last week (and what a week to miss, with so much content, losing Frosty, and finding out that Emma will be moving on) so how about 5 Things I Liked in the last two weeks?
1. I went to Seattle last week and the people and the food were so great! How did it take me so long to find out that the Pacific Northwest is awesome?
2. Met up with a friend who lives there, and we had only ever interacted on social media before. She pulled out all the stops: took me shopping, bought me lunch, drove me to the airport. So grateful for her.
3. The super-nice airline employee who basically fixed everything for me when I missed my flight on another airline (by literally two minutes).
4. Wild honey flavoured cough drops
5. Happy hour! I think this might have been the first time I ever went to a "real" happy hour, since I usually finish work around the time they're supposed to end. (In theory. Anything in Montreal that involves alcohol usually lasts until closing time, anyway.)
Is that Cara Delenvigne? Blah. Like why is she even trying to be famous when in the grand scheme of things, fame is irrelevant and we are all judged no matter what we do?
I chose a terrible week to be away from the Hairpin. :(
also, LW3: I know that feeling! It comes with the added dread of having friends in the same boat, as well as friends who haven't boarded the boat yet, and not knowing how to dress for certain days. Gah.