I love writing but I'm bad at writing about me.
Now I want to try and find out what Justin is up to, but here are some guesses:
- Rebooting his career as a singer-songwriter, like Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines, minus all the Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines stuff, and just trying to shed his old image. I think Ashley Parker Angel tried this, and I don't know how successful he was at it. Probably not as successful as he would have been if he had held onto the O-Town fanbase.
- Hosting some kind of infotainment show, because is it just me or do a lot of former Idol contestants or singers end up doing this?
- Singing at smaller events, like county fairs and such. I saw a former winner of Canadian Idol headlining a concert at a ribfest a few years back, and I figure that people whose bellies are full of delicious, fattening food make for mellow yet welcoming audiences.
- Successful local singing teacher to kids who have no idea who he is, brought to singing lessons by shameless aunts who totally just wanted to meet him.
- Writing songs that you've totally heard and had no idea he wrote. (Sidenote: I gave up watching Nashville, but one of the Moffatts writes songs for it!)
Thank you so much for writing this, Sarah. Ella was and is spectacular. Hearing "I Love Paris" during a boat cruise down the Seine felt like living inside a movie.
Jaya, everything about this is perfect.
If I can add one: 6. Prince Akeem's description of football is the most accurate description of football I have ever read, and that includes like Grantland and stuff.
This all makes me feel so much better about not being able to wear heels! I wear them sometimes but can hardly walk in them. My sister used to like joking that I was bad at being a girl because I couldn't walk in shoes that were clearly not built for wide flat feet and not-delicate ankles. (I look stupid in most heels.) Sometimes, if they're properly constructed heels and not thirty-dollar embarrassments to shoemaking I can actually stand to wear heels. I apparently walk in them all wrong, but whatever. And I bring flats to change into.
tl;dr Heels are great for conforming to certain standards of beauty, also for sitting or sometimes standing still for short periods of time. Not so great if you're self-conscious about feet or ankles.
Hello! Now please tell us more about these Greek fries.
Curly pigeon = new dream pet. Sorry, Bengal cats!
@noReally Agreed. I want to side with the doctor on this, mostly because I'm worried that the woman's husband/family are anything like mine. My grandmother has... something. Maybe a mild form of dementia, maybe something caused by some very minor strokes, maybe just old age or something else. No one in the family agrees on how serious it is or what to do about it, so I'd be more inclined to trust anything that a doctor would have to say about her condition.
Beach Witch. I'm in.
Would you count most female members of Phoebe Buffay's family as Beach Witches? (Except, oddly enough, for the aptly named Ursula?)
@Dizzy Yes, agreed 100%. I can be bad at staying in touch sometimes, but other times friends in relationships will inadvertently make you feel like the third wheel, even on days that are supposed to be for you and your friend, or days that the three of you should be having an equally good time.