werewolfbarmitzvah

werewolfbarmitzvah

On Remembering the Early Days of Jezebel with Anna Holmes

@franceschances Moe was my faaaaaaaaavorite! To me, the turning point when Jezebel started going downhill was when she left. And then one day I followed a link somewhere to some article in the Washington City Paper and was laughing and thinking about how hilarious, smart, and uniquely awesome this tiny random article happened to be, and I scrolled up to the byline and of course it was written by Moe. I also wish she would write more everywhere.

Posted on November 7, 2013 at 3:12 pm 1

On When Friends Have Babies

I don't really think of myself as "transformed" so much as "extra sleepy" and "covered in someone else's pee." I guess I'm at least more responsible now that I have a baby, but I kinda have to be if I want to keep on having that baby...? But other than that, all other identity characteristics seem to be more or less intact.

Posted on October 23, 2013 at 3:30 pm 5

On Is Snooze the Enemy?

I've been telling people this for yeeeeeeeeears, and they keep on looking at me like, "hoo boy, the ol' bat's gone off on something again." The post-snooze feeling is so much worse than the feeling of getting up with the initial alarm, so why not just set the alarm for the latest possible time that you can conceivably get up in order to have enough time to get ready, instead of setting it for an earlier time and then getting up at the later time anyway, feeling worse all the while? I don't get it!

Posted on October 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm 5

On The World's First "Vadge Sommelier"?

Not gonna lie: as a pervert, this intrigues me.

Posted on October 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm 0

On The Just Admit You're Pregnant Pie

@hands_down I had to tell my coworkers almost immediately so that there would be an explanation for why I spent the majority of every workday face-down at my desk with a bottle of ginger ale and a box of Ritz crackers, groaning quietly.

Posted on October 10, 2013 at 4:13 pm 1

On Fiona Apple and Bullies at School

And ya know, sometimes when you're naturally kinda thin and kinda pale and you're not 18 anymore and maybe you forgot your under-eye concealer today and you're NOT 18 ANYMORE, you might look a certain way that may lead people to assume that you're dying of a chronic illness when really, it's just how you look!

Posted on October 8, 2013 at 1:19 pm 2

On The Health Care Pie

@beecaveroad Whoooo, I got my free IUD on Monday! High fiiiiiiive!

Posted on October 4, 2013 at 9:11 am 1

On What's the Worst Song to Have Sex To?

@leonstj The thing with making Marvin Gaye work is doooooooon't do the greatest hits. You cannot do it to Let's Get It On or else everybody's going to end up howling with laughter. Put on the I Want You or Here My Dear albums and it'll go very smoothly.

Posted on September 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm 0

On The First Response Pie

@rimy Wellllllll, my dude and I consistently used the pullout method for 7 years with great success. And then one day, no success. And now we have a teeny tiny baby. But hey, one failure in 7 years is still pretty good!

Posted on September 5, 2013 at 3:27 pm 5

@sophia_h ZOMG, the swing really is the magic bullet, and my mom keeps criticizing me for using it, too. But you know what, she's not the one being kept awake by a screaming baby who does not want to sleep in the crib! If the little dude stays quiet and happy in the swing, then in the swing is where he shall sleep.

Posted on September 3, 2013 at 11:36 am 0