Go to a public park and get in Downward Facing Dog. Rip a fart directly at each park-goer who passes behind you.
Assume the Child's Pose, then start sobbing loudly. Pound your fists on the floor while wailing. The louder you cry, the more you're working your core. Demand cheddar Goldfish and a sippy cup of chocolate milk to replenish your energy when you’re finished.
The Vengeful Lotus
Sit cross-legged in front of your computer at 2 a.m. with your browser open to your ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend's healthy living blog. Scroll down, seething at every "creative, delicious, and totally satisfying" raw food recipe you [...]
Who is going to be naked first.
Oh that lady’s naked, that was fast.
And now that guy’s naked too.
If I don’t get naked fast I’ll be the only one not naked. OK I’m naked. OK now I’m sitting and I’m naked.
Stop thinking so much.
But I’m naked.
It’s OK, just stop thinking, focus on your breath.
Oh you mean my naked breath.
Yes, fine, your naked breath.
Why are there mirrors.
Don’t worry about it.
There really shouldn’t be mirrors.
Sure, but there are.
Wow late to class, really? Really? With your clothes on and everything you’re gonna walk into a room full of naked people—
Famously, the CEO of Whole Foods, another company much beloved by liberals, is also a Rand devotee and staunch libertarian. It’s easy to dismiss these men as flukes, or to categorize them as savvy capitalists who were able to spot which way the cultural winds were blowing and create a set of products that would serve the wants of the continent’s upperclass. But that hard-right Galtian spirit hasn’t seemed to turn anyone off. In fact, Lululemon has been so successful because, not in spite of, its founder’s combination of woo-woo New Age-iness with a sharply competitive spirit. It’s the same approach many American women (and men) bring to buying [...]
1. “You hear the ice cream truck outside, acknowledge it, then let it go.”
2. “Externally rotate your left foot until it comes to rest behind your left foot.”
3. “Put your weight on your other butt.”
4. “Gentle panting here is encouraged.”
5. “Spiral your pelvis toward President Street.”
6. “Happy Friday!” (Read: it was Sunday afternoon.)
7. “Your skeleton wants to escape your skin.”
8. “Throw your spine to the other side of the room.”
9. “Do you need another blanket for your knees?”
10. “I’m teaching at a Total Silence Immersive Retreat in an ashram upstate. Here is a flier.”
Rebecca Jane Stokes also Tumbls, [...]