Hello everyone! We are calling it a week fairly shortly, although you might see a Thanksgiving surprise or two over the next couple of days. Good luck and godspeed with any and all combinations of travel, food coma, unsolicited advice, involuntary solitude, blissful alone time, drunk uncles, sober mother-in-laws and critical cousin mass that you might be dealing with over the next few days. Or, if you are not from the United States of Terrible Historical Events Masquerading As Holiday to Celebrate the Blessed Union of Sweet and Savory, good luck with the rest of your ordinary work week!
We are thankful for all of you, and we'll see you [...]
Hey, Friday. Today I am listening to a bunch of Angie Stone and drinking less water. U? Here's what happened here this week:
• We took a trip to Stoner's Laundry, and to the glittery gay-announcement fountain in the sky.
• We treated ourselves with a nap and a third breakfast.
• We made excuses and told a version of the truth.
• We poured out a shot of Skyy vodka for Mimi.
• We found David Duchovny's diary, I think?
• We talked to a bassmaster champ and a pagan clergyman. [...]
We have survived another week, it seems. How'd we do?
• We learned how to write, and how not to write, and how to deal with curiosity.
• We interviewed Dr. Susan Robinson, one of four American doctors openly providing third-trimester abortions, and also the CEO of a woman's magazine.
• We got Teary-Eyed Watching A Doe And A Fawn Standing On Our Lawn At Dusk, and predicted the news cycle.
• The Woman Cave is really coming together. The childhood bedroom needs some work.
• We reviewed a movie we haven't seen. [...]
Here we are. Remember this week for:
• Run-ins and chats with the delightful Noriko Shinohara and the delightful Valerie June.
• Run-ins with a zucchini and a brownie. A ZUCCHINI AND A BROWNIE.
• Run-ins with a slick-talkin' Emily Dickinson and these Animorphs.
• Apologies, or not.
• Two very fine bouts of music nostalgia.
• Two very fine pieces of advice.
• The puzzle that is women constructors and crossword puzzles.
• Getting kicked out of camp.
• Dorothy Parker's 120th [...]