You know, at least I’m not lying saying “my girlfriend” anymore. And in all fairness, all my girlfriend jokes — for anybody who thinks, Oh, that’s sad, he had to make up whole stories — I didn’t make up whole stories; they were real stories, I just changed the gender. And by the way, if that doesn’t prove how much same-sex couples are the exact same as heterosexual couples, not once in my career did anyone ever hear a story I told and say, “Wait a second, that doesn’t sound like anything we … ” It’s all the same.
"Ever since I outed an up-and-coming evangelical leader named Jonathan Merritt on my blog on July 23, one sentence has been running through my mind: I might have destroyed his life." —If you haven't been following this particularly dramatic Chick-Fil-A-related story, this essay by Azariah Southworth will bring you up to speed. [via]
1. Crush exclusively on boys until you see t.A.T.u.'s “All The Things She Said” video at age 10.
2. Realize that girls can like girls, too.
3. Realize quickly that a lot of people in Arkansas circa 2002 think homosexuality is unacceptable.
4. Quash any non-platonic feelings for girls.
5. Date no one until high school; then, date only boys.
6. Crush on a femme bisexual girl in ninth grade.
7. Crush on her girlfriend, who wears clothes traditionally worn by teenage boys and has the cutest freckles.
8. Tell your mom that said femme bisexual girl is bisexual. Your mother says it's disgusting and unnatural and even [...]
Equine therapy: will it cure you of your homosexuality, or will it fight a losing battle with the rugged good looks of the cowboy/cowgirl who helps you mount? Heh, "mount." Heh, "chaps." Heh, "delicious chuckwagon breakfast."
(Source is NSFW if kind-of-sweaty-looking guys in underwear is a problem? Quit that job, become a blogger! But not for the RNC.)