1. Be drankin'
2. Sing on the mic 'til your voice gets hoarse
3. Then you fill the tub up halfway
4. Then you ride it with your surfbort,
7. Then you grain on that wood, grain, grain on that wood
8. Then just swerve on that, swerve, swerve on that big body
9. Keep serving all this, swerve, surfing all in this good,
11. Wow, look at you. You have surfbort hair.
(Or, also, you could follow this actual tutorial with Kim Kimble, Beyoncé's hairstylist.)
What do you tell your friends when they recommend a restaurant/dentist/etc. and you have a bad experience?Case in point: two of my friends go to the same hairdresser. Their hair always looks great. I decided to also go to that hairdresser. But now I have a poorly done version of The Rachel. It's not just that the style the hairdresser gave me is bad, it's totally uneven and kind of awful. I actually phoned the salon owner to ask if someone else can fix it, which I have never done before.
Of course, I take this experience as no reflection on my friends. Maybe the hairdresser was having a bad [...]
The excellent Julie Klausner dropped by last month's hair-and-fashion event Rock It Like a Redhead, and brought along pals Ted Leo, Chris Spooner, and a penny whistle.