Friday Open Thread
This is the only Friday where we’ve actually been sad the workweek is over! Because we, your faithful guest bloggers, Michelle Markowitz and Lauren O’Neal, must return our crowns and scepters to Emma and Jia, and wave goodbye to you all like dumb kids.
We learned a lot from commenters this week. We learned that the Portuguese word for “escorts” is “acompanhantes,” and that “spell-casters” like Dr. Oduduwa can return our husbands to us, not to mention all the best places to gamble and buy human growth hormone online. A lot of you were really eager to tell us about all these things—hundreds of you every day! So thanks!
No, but for serious, we really loved hanging out with you guys, so here are some highlights from that.
- Romy and Michele Week
- Julia Mahar made us all want to throw hot pancake batter in that guy’s face
- Everyone is engaged but Megan Nesmith because she has been on this Earth 30 years and she still doesn’t know how to accessorize
- We learned about women from literature and myth who had their tongues cut out
- Eliza Berman considered the pros and cons of live-tweeting a loved one’s death
- Lauren wrote about women winning the Iditarod, Girl Scout Cookie names, and desperately upbeat pop songs
- Michelle wrote about what her mom wished she blogged about instead, school dances, and George Clooney
Thanks so much to Emma and Jia for letting us take the steering wheel this week, and thanks to all of you for putting up with our crazy driving and excessive True Detective posts. Keep in touch with us on Twitter: @michmarkowitz and @laureneoneal. We love you all!
[The greatest picture of all time, featured above, was created by actual hero @darth.]