This is a great day, and also sort of a painful one, because one is prompted to look at pictures like this and find stories like this and watch feeds of "pro-life" conventions (ha) and reread that lovely Resolution on Republican Pro-Life Strategy (Staying silent fails to alert voters to the Democrats' extreme pro-abortion stances, which voters are repelled by). Anyway! To the freedom to make your own choices. Here are some pertinent links.
• The last and only clinic providing abortions in Missouri
• Pro-choice support funds, sorted by state
• NYMag's abortion stories, collected from 26 women last year
• A shout-out to all those fake "crisis pregnancy centers" out there
• A 2010 repudiation of anti-abortion claims about pro-choice "genocide"
• A piece on the Hyde Amendment, which denies abortion coverage to women on Medicaid
• A reminder that 98% of unsafe abortions take place in developing countries (and that in those countries, above 90% of abortions are unsafe) and that pretty much all of those women (47,000 per year) have been directly imperiled by United States foreign aid policy
• Two stories we published at the end of 2013 about the effects of Roe v. Wade in four regions of the world
• Last, Obama's statement of the day: "We recommit ourselves to the decision's guiding principle: that every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health."