How to Make Snowman Deviled Eggs
1. Slice the top and bottom off one hard-boiled egg, horizontally, and the top and bottom off another, vertically, if that makes sense.
2. Stack one on top of the other (feel free to use toothpicks to anchor, although I would NEVER), mash up the yolks with whatever deviled egg mixers you like (here I’ve got mayo, mustard, and sriracha), and spoon the mixture into the roundest of the sliced-off ends. (Also cut/scoop a little trough into it if it doesn’t have one.)
3. Stack it … (Also, here you’re seeing bits of three eggs — trial and error.)
4. Give it some caper eyes, and a little cranium …
5. And celery arms (or whatever — carrot greens or tarragon on the stem could work, too), a carrot nose (boring! I know), a little sriracha button-down …
6. And a jaunty prosciutto scarf! (Or: ham, roasted red pepper, pickled ginger?)
7. And a hat, if you want, although there must have been some magic in this old pickle hat I found, because when I placed it on his head …
8. Heee laaay downnn.
Previously: Albino Black Widow Spider Deviled Eggs.
Edith Zimmerman has ideas for every month of a deviled egg calendar.